Thursday 16 August 2007

Week 2: Too tough to call

No obvious mid week fixtures and a poor set of matches for the weekend leave me considering not making any bets at all.

Liverpool and Chelsea play each other, Arsenal are away at Blackburn and Manchester Utd take on City in the Manchester derby.

This only leaves Tottenham, who play Derby County, as a team for me to back. I usually don’t have faith in Spurs, however after 2 early defeats they desperately need a good performance in front of their home fans to get their season up and running.

I expect them to beat Derby but the rules I set out at the beginning state that I can’t bet on a team with poor form even if it is this early in the season.

In Scotland, the fixtures are slightly better with Hearts playing Gretna and Rangers v Falkirk, however neither are good enough to risk a bet.

I’m going to have to wait until next week to have another flutter.

No comments: