Thursday 23 August 2007

Week 3: Bet placed this time

Last week I chose not to bet, but the fixtures I had my eye on still came true, so I am eager to place a bet this weekend.

With Tottenham having a poor away record I expect them to lose at Old Trafford this weekend, however they are too good a team to bet against because they always have a chance of getting a draw, plus they are desperate for points following this week's managerial saga.

So it’s boring boring Chelsea for me. I can’t see Harry Redknapp’s Portsmouth getting a point at Stamford Bridge this weekend.

Portsmouth missed out on signing Yakubu this week which could have changed my mind on backing them.

I hope former David Nugent, who was to be leaving Portsmouth after only a month, doesn't spoil my weekend by proving his doubters wrong and getting a goal or two!

I will only bet 10% rather than my usual 15%, to offset the added risk from a strong Portsmouth side. They usually get a few good results away from home each season and finished high up the table last year.

£10.39 on a Chelsea home win.

No comments: