Friday 14 September 2007

Week 5: North of the Border

With the great results gained by England and the surprise performances from players such as Emile Heskey and Gareth Barry I will be resisting the urge to put all my money on wins for Wigan and Aston Villa.

This weekend's Premier League fixture list is a little disappointing. Chelsea v Blackburn is the only match I would consider a probable result, but Blackburn have been playing very well so far, and it would be unwise to bet on them losing here.

In the Championship, the league has not yet settled down. There are no teams on exceptional form yet and several of the sides at the foot of the table are in false positions.

I rate the strongest sides as West Brom, Charlton and Wolves and none of these three are playing at home this week, so I have no matches to back confidently.

Scotland is my next option and luckily, Celtic play Inverness Caledonian at Celtic Park. Celtic have won 4 out of their first 5 matches and Inverness have lost all 5. I hope this weekend isn't the start of a recovery for Inverness!

The odds I presume will be poor, however, I feel confident about the result. I will bet the full 15% which means a £16.63 bet on Celtic to win.

No comments: