Friday 7 March 2008

26 - The wait until Wednesday

This weekend's fixtures throw up a lot of possible choices, but none that really take my fancy.

Liverpool should thrash Newcastle, but in football a bad run often comes to an end at an unlikely source.

The Scouse/Geordie games were always very open when Kevin Keegan was at St. James Park last time around, and all the neutral fans will be hoping that this is no different.

Of course, the more open the game is, the more likely that Newcastle could nick a point and so I will not be risking my money on it.

I also expect easy wins for Blackburn and Arsenal, but not enough for me to part with my cash.

The obvious choice for this round of games is actually on Wednesday evening, with Chelsea travelling to the midlands to play Derby. I can't see his game going any other way than a home win. Chelsea returned to form last weekend at West Ham and Derby should offer little resistance.

£17.85 on a Chelsea win will give me a £2.33 return if successful.

Come on you blues!

No comments: