Wednesday 14 November 2007

Week 13: Nothing Doing

This weekend's fixture's are the worst yet!

I don't feel confident betting on International matches as they are much less predictable than standard league matches in club football.

But unfortunately the main leagues (Premier/Championship/Scots Premier) are all on a break for the Internationals and in the leagues below, there isn't a single game I can find worth betting on.

Nottingham Forest and Carlisle aren't playing, Leeds have a tough match versus Swindon and in League 2, the top 3 sides, MK Dons, Hereford and Peterborough, are all away from home.

Ridiculously, in Scottish divisions 1, 2 and 3 each of the top two sides are playing each other, ruling out any predictable match-ups which I will take as a sign not to wager anything at all.

I will attempt to start thinking about the next set of matches on the 24th, if only to stop myself getting wound up by the English Euro Qualification issue that threatens to overshadow the weekend.

My two pence worth: Don't sack Steve McLaren unless there is someone better to replace him with.

No comments: