Wednesday 7 November 2007

Week 12: The Reds or the Hornets?

This week, I am again struggling to find a match I can rely on in the Premier League.

The only top vs bottom fixture is Liverpool taking on Fulham at Anfield. Liverpool have looked strong at home this season and are in top form after thrashing Besiktas 8-0 in the Champions league yesterday.

Fulham are yet to win away from home, but they drew with Chelsea at Stamford bridge, my only loss so far this season.

Before the season began I would have thought that Tottenham v Wigan would have been an assured choice, but after the way things have gone at White Hart Lane, the two teams are now on the same number of points at the foot of the table.

I trawled through the other divisions and found virtually no top teams playing at home against weak oppostion. Watford v Colchester became interesting when I realised Colchester have lost their last 3 away matches, however Watford lost last week at home, although it was against rivals West Brom.

Even the scottish premier league has no certainties this weekend with the Old Firm at home to Aberdeen and away at Falkirk.

I will mull over Liverpool and Watford for a couple of days before making my decision.

No comments: