Wednesday 19 December 2007

18 - Christmas Football Fixture List

The fixtures lists are not giving me any Christmas cheer as yet. I am desperate to make a et this week after the dull weekend last time, finding one that meets my rules is turning out to be quite tough though.

This weekend Man Utd and Liverpool are both playing at home, but playing sides in good form, Portsmouth and Everton, who cannot be relied upon to roll over and let the big sides take the points.

Newcastle have started to get their house in order with a couple of recent wins, but I don't consider their form to be good enough to gurantee a win, even against bottom club Derby, and in the Scottish Premier league, it is more of the same with Celtic taking on Hibernian at home, however Hibs have played well this season and are currently 4th.

In the Championship there is one slightly interesting fixture with Charlton taking on Hull. The London side have a good home record and Hull's away form is not so hot.

Further down the footballing pyramid I did find a possible match to bet on, Nottingham Forest v Port Vale. Forest are currently 3rd and the Vale are lying in 22nd spot, only 3 points from the foot of the table.

In league two there is also the prospect for a win for 3rd placed Peterborough playing the 18th placed Bradford City.

To be honest though, the choices are not as easy as I'd like and so I'll have a think about these choices while finishing off my Christmas shopping before placing any bets.

No comments: