Saturday 22 December 2007

18 - Scottish Premier League Hopes

Upon closer inspection, the two matches I was considering, Charlton v Hull and Nottingham Forest v Port Vale, are not as clear as I first thought.

Both Hull and Port Vale have reasonable away records and could prove tough for their respective opponents. Therefore I will not be betting on either of their matches.

A match I hadn't spotted previously was hidden away in the Legaue Two fixtures. Chesterfield v Wrexham. Chesterfield are high in the table and pushing for promotion while Wrexham have been playing poorly and could find it very tough to get anything out of the match. However last week's home defeat to Rochdale means I won't be risking my money on the Saltergate side.

In the Scottish Premier league I usually only consider betting when the Old Firm meet a lowly relegation candidate but today I have found a potential wager outside of the Glasgow pair.

Dundee Utd have an excellent home record with six wins from eight matches and have only conceded two goals so far at home. Today they meet Gretna, who are rooted to the foot of the table and have only two points to show from there travels this season.

Gretna have recently taken points from Kilmarnock and Hearts, however the Orange side of Dundee should prove to be a much sterner test.

Merely because the Dundee side are not of the calibre which I usually bet on, I will bet only 10%of the account on this game.

This means a bet of £12.95 on a Dundee Utd victory.

1 comment:

amorphous said...

Bit of a shock result there for Dundee United. I think many people would have been caught out by that one...I have seen Gretna play this season, and quite frankly they are awful. Still, every dog has his day.