Wednesday 2 January 2008

18 - Gretna victory ends my winning streak

I apologise for the lack of posts over the last week, a very busy Christmas has meant I have struggled to find the time to keep the blog up to date. I am now back home after the festivities and will be updating regularly again.

While away, I have been keeping an eye on the fixtures, however none have stood out as certainties and as you will have noticed, my last bet was a £13 wager on Dundee Utd to beat Gretna, who somehow managed to win 2-1. The loss put a dent in my account but I am still in the black and will endeavor to keep my choices in check over the next couple of weeks to ensure no more slip ups occur.

This evening's match between Liverpool v Wigan looked as tempting as anything I have seen for over Christmas, however I was aware of the unusual results which have been thrown up recently, including the Man Utd defeat to West Ham, and my doubts were justified when Wigan snatched a point in the dying moments of the game through Titus Bramble.

This weekend Arsenal meet Birmingham at the Emirates, however Birmingham only lost 1-0 at Man Utd which could mean their away form is improving. I will do some research before making my final decision as 2 defeats in succession would be disastrous.

New balance is £116.57

No comments: