Wednesday 9 January 2008

19 - The Premiership is back this weekend, for everyone apart from Big Sam

Newcastle's idea to sack Sam Allardyce may be a little soon and a tad crazy, but it will not affect this project as the Magpies haven't consistently won games since 1997, and I don't bet on inconsistent teams.

They certainly aren't a bad side though so I'll not be risking my money on a Man Utd win this Saturday because a change in management can often turnaround a club's season.

Fortunately, the premiership's other main title contenders, Arsenal, have a match-up with lowly Birmingham City.

Birmingham recently lost to League One side Huddersfield in the FA Cup and were beaten by Man Utd last weekend. Over Christmas they did defeat Middlesbrough convincingly but normal service was resumed against fellow strugglers Fulham as they only managed a draw at home.

Arsenal on the other hand are awesome at home. They have not lost at the Emirates this season and are likely to dominate the game.

I will wait until after tonight's Carling Cup semi-final before placing my bet in case several key players get injured. But I am pretty sure it will be the one I go for.

No comments: